JATOS (Just Another Tool for Online Studies) helps you setup and run your online studies on your own server.
JATOS 2 allows you to run group studies, where multiple workers can interact with each other.
You can read our open access paper for the basics, but these docs contain up-to-date information about the new group feature.
We also started a blog about JATOS and online experiments in general. There we’ll post about topics that do not necessarily fit into these docs.
JATOS at a glance:
- Run studies on your own server. This means that you keep complete control over who can access your result data.
- Run group studies.
- It’s GUI-based, so there’s no need to use the terminal to talk to your server.
- Mobile phone ready: Run your own, tailor-made studies, on any device with a browser (mobile phone, tablet, desktop, lab computer, thin client).
- Connect to the Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) marketplace to recruit participants.
- Manage workers, to e.g. make sure that each participant does your study only once.
- Export/Import studies to facilitate exchange with other researchers.
- It’s open-source and free to use.
- It’s very easy to Get started!
Please cite us if you use JATOS for your research.
This is the Documentation for JATOS 2 - Are you looking for the Docs of JATOS 1.x?