JATOS (Just Another Tool for Online Studies) helps you set up and run your online studies on your own server.
This is the documentation for JATOS 3 - Are you looking for the docs of JATOS 2?
We have a page that covers all about migrating from JATOS 2 to 3.
JATOS at a glance:
- Run studies on your own server. This means that you keep complete control over who can access your result data and can comply with your ethics.
- Studies run on mobile phones, tablets, desktops, and lab computers - any device with a browser.
- Run group studies where multiple workers interact with each other in real-time.
- It’s GUI-based, so there’s no need to use the terminal to talk to your server.
- Recruit participants via Amazon Mechanical Turk, Prolific etc.
- It’s open-source and free to use.
- Manage workers, to e.g. make sure that each participant does your study only once.
- Export/Import studies to facilitate exchange with other researchers.
You can try out JATOS on cortex, our test server.
Please cite us if you use JATOS for your research.