JATOS (Just Another Tool for Online Studies) helps you set up and run your online studies on your own server.
During the COVID-19 pandemic many scientists can’t proceed with their usual lab experiments anymore and move to online versions of their studies. But setting up a JATOS instance is not always easy. We want to support the scientific community by providing a JATOS server for free.
Please complete our short survey on how (much) you use JATOS (ca. 3 min). It’s very important for us!
JATOS at a glance:
- Run studies on your own server. This means that you keep complete control over who can access your result data and can comply with your ethics.
- Studies run on mobile phones, tablets, desktops, and lab computers - any device with a browser.
- Run group studies where multiple workers interact with each other in real-time.
- It’s GUI-based, so there’s no need to use the terminal to talk to your server.
- Recruit participants via MTurk, Prolific etc.
- It’s open-source and free to use.
- Manage workers, to e.g. make sure that each participant does your study only once.
- Upload files, e.g. audio or video recordings
- Export/Import studies to facilitate exchange with other researchers.
- You can try out JATOS on cortex, our test server.
Watch an introduction video: